Just For Pets Grooming Policy
At JFP it is our intention to offer a stress-free grooming experience for you and your pet.
To do this please kindly read the following:
- Please ensure that your dog has been given the opportunity to be relieved and walked prior to the grooming as this will ensure that they are not stressed or agitated and get the maximum enjoyment from their grooming experience.
- JFP will not preform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that JFP thinks is excessive. In some situations, this may including nail trimming.
- You as the dog owner, will advise JFP of any medical concerns, physical issues, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions, along with any treatment they are receiving prior to grooming taking place. Such conditions may include but are not restricted to, prior surgeries, hip/joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections, or skin problems.
- In the event that JFP discovers any conditions or problems, we will notify you when you pick up your dog. In urgent cases JFP will contact you when discovered. JFP cannot be held responsible for any conditions or problems discovered during grooming or associated treatments.
- It is your responsibility as an owner to make sure your pet is free from any parasites before entering the salon. If, however your pet is carrying fleas or other parasites then an appropriate tick or flea procedure will be advised.
- For some senior dogs the grooming experience can be a stressful event. At JFP we will try to make the experience as comfortable and stress free as possible. Only grooming work that your dog will tolerate will be carried out as JFP will not groom any dog if it causes them undue stress.
- All work you, as the owner, have requested will be attempted. However, if your dog dogs become unduly stressed JFP will groom your dog to ensure cleanliness and comfort only.
- Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health concerns including itching, irritation and infection. Removing matts including risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles and skin folds that have become trapped or hidden in your pets matts. Heavy matting may also trap moisture on the dogs skin, which if untreated can cause fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritation. JFP will not be held responsible for and pre-existing conditions due to a matted coat. However, in the event that we notice any unusual condition JFP will inform you.
- If your pet is heavily matted there is only so much we can do. Your pet needing to be brushed for over an hour is not fair to you or your pet and may cause him/her undue stress and or illness. Therefore, the coat will likely need to be cut short, which will enable a start over with undamaged hair at the next agreed upon grooming appointment. If JFP feels that the coat can be de-matted some of all of the way, then an additional sum of $10 will be incurred in addition to the service(s) provided. JFP will only attempt to de-matt your dog if he/she is not showing signs of stress or anxiety.
- In the event that JFP is unable to complete a full groom or any treatment that has been pre-booked due to excessive matting or the pet not being available at the allocated appointment time, then JFP reserves the right to stop the groom or treatment if started and requested that an additional appointment is made for such work to be completed.
- All additional work will be at the expense of the owner.
- JFP groomers have the right to work in a safe environment, therefore JFP reserves the right to refuse any groom or treatment at any given time. If JFP groomers feel they are unable to carry out or continue grooming or treat then they will stop immediately and you, as the owner are responsible for payment of the work completed up until this point.
- If your dog is showing signs of aggression and/or biting, but JFP feels they can continue, then an appropriate muzzle may be used during any groom or treatment.
- If your dog has behavior problems please let JFP know if your pet has displayed any signs of aggression in the past.
- Additional charges may apply for extra time required due to a dogs temperament and/or behavior during a groom or treatment.
- You as the owner, agree to be held solely liable for any harm, injury, or damage caused by your pet and any costs thereafter incurred.